Saturday, April 14, 2012

Book Review -The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight


The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight 
by  Jennifer E. Smith



   
 I was randomly browsing the internet when I came across this book and even though they say don't judge a book by its cover  I couldn't help it, it caught my attention. I got the book as soon as I could and stayed up all night reading it. It is one of the cutest love stories I have ever read. The story begins at JFK airport where Hadley, who has just missed her flight to London and is waiting for the next plane to  make it to her father's wedding, meets a British guy (naturally being that he is British he is also really good looking )  named Oliver, that happens to sit next to her on the plane to London.  Over the course of the flight they get to know each other and end up falling in love.What I loved about this book is that it was not just some petty love story.  There was a lot of depth to it as it related the family struggles the characters dealt with.  By now I'm sick of fantasy romance stories that go on for another 7 books and this is just the kind of book you want to read when you're feeling down.  I loved the characters in this story and although it may seem impossible for two people to fall in love in a seven hour plane ride, the writer somehow made it realistic.
      You put together an American girl and a British guy and you get MAGIC! Why is that American girls have a thing for the British guys? Why is their accent so appealing ? Are they really that amazing? I am curious though, how do the British feel about Americans? From what I have seen Americans are depicted as obnoxious idiots which is obviously not true but I do wonder if there are people that actually believe that and why? Our accent can't be that bad! If any one out there has an answer please tell me. I know I'm getting off topic here but seriously READ THE BOOK !!!  (and tell me what think of it)  I absolutely loved it! 




Summary:



Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18C. Hadley's in 18A. 

Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.
Jennifer E. Smith

4 comments:

  1. For the life of me...I can't figure out why American girls love British guys..It has to be the ACCENT..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Accents... It also works the other way around, we Brits do love an American Boy too! ;)

    Sounds like a great book...it's true what they say you can literally fall in love at first sight, I of course ended up moving across an ocean!
    x.o.x.o

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds interesting! you have a great blog, what about following each other?

    www.hetibrandenburg.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww seems like a great love story, thank you so much for the review, Jadina! :D

    ReplyDelete